Last month I managed to lose 2 pounds, and then gain it all back when I went to NYC and Paso Robles. What a fail. Now it's time to go on a real diet!
Current weight: ~117 pounds (I like to think 115 but really I'm just lying to myself)
Goal weight: Under 110 pounds
Other than just eating healthier overall, here is my diet plan:
- Eat at home more often We eat out pretty much every single meal, and ideally I would like to eat half or more of our meals at home. I made two healthy meals this week, and they were pretty good!
- Eat less when eating out I have a tendency to order too much food, and then I end up stuffing myself because it's right in front of me. Eat until I'm full but not stuffed, and pack the leftovers to go.
- Eat less carbs I actually don't eat many carbs normally, but when I go to restaurants, sometimes I can't resist helping myself to a few servings of bread. Especially if I'm hungry and the bread is extra delicious!
- Drink sparkling water and green tea I'm not sure if I believe that green tea speeds up your metabolism, but the more water and unsweetened tea I drink, the less space there is in my stomach for food... right?
- Drink less beverages Except for soda, I pretty much love all beverages. Milk teas, juices, etc. Maybe this is why I don't consume enough water.
- Drink less alcohol I also love drinking. I think if I were to cut out alcohol completely, I could drop 5 pounds easily. But that would be no fun.
- Snack in moderation I don't believe in depriving myself completely of anything. Try to pick healthier snack options.
- Try to exercise This one is going to be tough because I hate exercising. I got a yoga mat last week with the intention of doing pilates, but I always end up sitting on my couch and watching TV instead.
Some easy healthy food options for myself:
- baked chicken thighs
- steamed veggies
- roasted veggies
- soba noodles with mountain yam
- green smoothies
- milk and fruit smoothies
Does anyone have any simple and healthy recipes to recommend?
Good luck to me!