The Diet Plan that I originally posted was a huge fail, because I love food too much and can't help but indulge myself. On Monday, I decided to give myself a lifestyle change in hopes that I can lose weight in a sustainable way. It basically involves picking healthier options and eating smaller portions.
- yogurt with granola
- organic steel cut oats (bleh not delicious)
- half of my lunch, usually Korean food from the cafe at work (avoid carb heavy and deep fried foods)
- if catered or a team lunch, a smaller portion than I would normally eat
Lunch 2.0 (around 4 or 5 pm)
- other half of my lunch
- green smoothie and steamed veggies
- soup from the cafe and beets (which are surprisingly tasty)
- chawanmushi and Chinese food from my mom
So far so good! After 2 days of eating smaller portions, I have stopped getting hungry in the afternoons. As a result, I usually don't end up snacking on the unhealthy snacks that we have in the office. My friend also sent me an article on clean eating and I think it has some really good guidelines about avoiding processed foods.
I've given myself a deadline of December to make some progress, otherwise I will just give up and buy all new clothes!